Monday, September 13, 2010

Before and.....during

I've spent the past few days *camping* at the new house amid the dust, the noise, the disruption....but the progress is amazing.  Just look at what has been accomplished in a few days.

First the carpet disappeared....














And then the walls came tumbling down...and the bones of a fireplace magically appeared















Look how much more open it feels with the staircase wall taken down halfway -- great idea, Joey! 

The new hardwood flooring is being installed.  Both bedrooms are done, but we're waiting on the construction to finish before putting the flooring in the great room. 














Yes, I know, it's dusty and needs to be cleaned.  I've already cleaned it once....I'm waiting till the dust settles.  I love this floor.  It's hickory with a hand-crafted, distressed look.  Bumps and bruises will only add to its beauty. 

Today, the capable carpenters - Mike and Josh - finished the drywall and now we await the mantel and the stonework.















This is the view from my kitchen, looking out into the great room.  It's a see-through fireplace, so the flames will be visible from both the kitchen and great room.  Warm and toasty even on the coldest of the winter days.

My body aches from scraping, sanding and painting all the baseboards in these rooms.  It needed to be done, though, and now is the time to do it.

I am so loving the changes we are making.  This will be a truly comfortable home, easy to live in and easy to care for....not too big and not too small....just right! 

No comments: