Thursday, September 2, 2010

A new adventure begins.....

On Tuesday, we closed on a lake house.  This was a long time in coming...seven years to be sure.  Seven years of a tug of war between me and The Other Half.  I wanted a farm with fences and barns, pastures and gardens, my horse and sheep and other creatures.  He doesn't do tractors.  So we found a compromise.  This house is just 12 miles from my friend's farm where my horse lives.  Much better than the 57 miles I'm currently driving! 
This house is in a community with lakes, hiking trails, riding trails, a golf course...everything a non-horse person needs to occupy his time while his wife plays at the barn. 

So here is the house..



On a lovely little lake...


We'll be making a few changes before moving major *stuff*.
The carpet will be replaced with hardwood flooring.

The wall to the right will be taken down and a three-sided fireplace will be installed, so I'll have a view of the fireplace from both the kitchen and the family room.  Cool, huh?



I think destruction and reconstruction is fun to watch, so I plan to take pictures and document our progress.  There are a few more ideas for the lower level, but that will come later. 

It's not a big house - just two bedrooms, a family room and a large eat-in kitchen, but it will suit us just fine.  The Other Half already has a fishing buddy lined up! 

And so begins the task of dividing my time between the flooring contractor, the building contractor, my barn work, my housework, my handweaving, my family......

When I'm driving, I've noticed that I seem to be hitting more red lights than green lights lately.  Think maybe that God's way of telling me to slow down and take a breath?





No comments: